Saturday, January 5, 2008

my early days of riding


First road trip of my life on my motorcycle. Woke up around 6am, normal morning routine. Hopped on my bike around 7am and headed to the office only to find that someone had broken in the night before. A window was boarded up and glass was all over the sidewalk. I decided not to go in b/c the office manager had written a note on the door to call her if we were going to work over the weekend and I didn't want to call her that early. So I met with Sarah, a client who is best friends with my neighbor, Dirk. We hung out and had coffee and went over ideas for her yard for about an hour. After our meeting I headed home. I got all my gear on, turned the bike on, and headed to the place where sarah and aisha were house sitting. Got there, no answer, rode to anast's place to show off my bike. He's jealous. South on Kolb I turned left on 22nd stopped at a village inn for some breakfast, who knows how long I'll be gone, I thought. I took Old Spanish Trail out to Colossal Cave, turned around and headed toward Rancho del Lago. I found that the frontage road only dead ends, and the interstate was still a little too daunting for me on my first ride. I turned around and went the way I came. Old Spanish Trail to Houghton, Houghton to Speedway, Speedway to Kolb, Kolb to Tanque Verde, Tanque Verde turns into Kolb, Kolb to Sunrise, Sunrise turns into Ina, (bought a tank bag and some new gloves at the end of Ina), Ina to Oracle, Oracle turns into Main, left on University, home.

No comments: